The Management Board of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. ("Company") informs that the Company has received a notification sent pursuant to art. 69 par. 1 point 1 and art. 69a paragraph 1 point 1 of the Act of July 29, 2005 on Public Offering, Conditions Governing the Introduction of Financial Instruments to Organized Trading, and Public Companies by the Universal Pension Company PZU S.A. (PTE PZU SA) acting on behalf of the PZU Open Pension Fund "Złota Jesień" (OFE PZU), that due to the closure of Pekao Otwarty Fundusz Emerytalny (Pekao OFE) on 12 October 2018, resulting in the transfer of all assets on that day Pekao OFE to OFE PZU and accession of PZU to OFE PZU in all rights and obligations of Pekao OFE, so far held share of OFE PZU in the total number of votes in the company KGHM Polska Miedź SA increased on this day and exceeded the threshold of 5% of the total number of votes.
A list of the number of shares and votes held by OFE PZU in the Company immediately before the liquidation of Pekao OFE and after its completion is as follows:
• Before the liquidation is completed:
- the number of shares held - 9 035 399 ;
- percentage share in capital - 4,52;
- the number of votes held - 9 035 399;
- percentage share in the number of votes - 4.52.
• After completing the liquidation:
- the number of shares held - 10 099 003;
- percentage share in equity - 5.05;
- number of votes held - 10 099 003;
- percentage share in the number of votes - 5.05.
OFE PZU announced that:
• does not have any subsidiaries holding shares in the company KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.,
• there is no situation indicated in art. 69 par. 4 point 6 above of the Act,
• it also has no financial instruments referred to in art. 69b par. 1 point 1) and 2) above Act.
Legal basis: art. 70 point 1 of the Act of July 29, 2005 on Public Offering, Conditions Governing the Introduction of Financial Instruments to Organized Trading, and Public Companies (Journal of Laws of February 7, 2018, item 512, as amended) )
Source: company website, investor relations, current and periodic reports.